Meet Our Parents As Teachers Staff
Smithton School District is proud to inform you of a free and unique program for families who are expecting a child or has a child from
birth to age five.
Parents as Teachers is a voluntary and free program that provides practical, effective help for eligible families with children prenatal to age five (not yet enrolled in kindergarten.)
Private visits are provided by a trained parent educator.
Services offered include:
• How to recognize each phase of child development
• Brain based research information
• Fun activities to do with your child to encourage development
• Simple toys to make
• In-home learning activities
• Help with concerns and questions
• Information on popular parenting topics
• Free developmental screenings
If you are interested or if you know of someone who would like to enroll in the P.A.T. program please call (660)343-5317 for more information.