What is the A+ Program and How Can a Student Participate?
Students who graduate from a designated A+ high school may qualify for a state-paid financial incentive to attend any public community college or career/technical school in Missouri if the students successfully meet the following requirements:
• Enter into a written agreement with the high school prior to graduation.
• Attend a designated school for three consecutive years immediately prior to graduation.
• Graduate with an overall GPA of 2.5 points or higher on a 4-point scale.
• Have an overall attendance rate of at least 95 per cent for grades 9-12.
• Perform 50 hours of district-supervised,unpaid tutoring or mentoring.
• Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoid the use of drugs and alcohol.
*The financial incentive is available only after the student has made a good faith effort to first secure all available federal financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)that does not require repayment.
Return the completed Participation Agreement, Citizenship and Tutoring Contracts forms to:
Mr. Jonathan Petersen,
A+ Director Smithton
R-VI School District
505 S. Myrtle
Smithton, MO 65350
Fax: 660 343 5389